Sobre la empresa
What we want to achieve, together
At Adevinta Spain, we work hard so that millions of people can find what they are looking for through our six marketplaces, building new connections that help us make a positive impact on the planet.
We are Fotocasa, habitaclia, InfoJobs, coches.net, motos.net and Milanuncios. Every day, 1 in 2 people search for a new opportunity in one of our marketplaces in Spain. And they find it.
And to do so, at Adevinta Spain we create an environment where you are your best version of yourself every day, where you can give your all, and where your uniqueness adds to our diversity. Diversity in every sense of the word, in our people, in our products and our community. Because equality is at the heart of everything we do. Better as equals.
Adevinta is so much more than just a workplace. We have obtained the Great Place to Work certificate and 91% of our employees say that Adevinta Spain is an excellent place to work. An international accreditation that shows that we are one of the best companies to work for!
Sobre la posición
Reporting to the Machine Learning Director and Real Estate Engineering Manager, the Machine Learning Engineer, will serve as the change agent, constructing and implementing the vision for transforming data into actionable ML models, and enabling modern data science methods to current business challenges.
Selection of the right machine learning algorithm for business goals
Build scalable machine learning tools, distributed clusters and models for search (MLR)
Experiment with different models and assess their potential in offline evaluations and by setting up A/B tests
Collaborate in cross-functional teams consisting of product managers, data engineers and analysts to build a great product that correspond to the needs of our marketplaces
Contribute to the end-to-end deployment of machine learning models
Popularise machine learning initiatives via Medium posts and meetup talks and our internal community
- At least Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or any quantitative field.
- Experience in industry in a similar role
- Experience with development in programming languages such Java, Scala, or Python
- Experience applying machine learning modelling to create data products.
- Familiarity with current state-of-the-art in image processing and recognition
- Experience with setting up ML pipelines and training jobs as well as wrangling data from a variety of sources, e.g. csv, SQL, S3, etc.
- Experience with streaming tools such as Kafka and Spark Streaming is a plus.
- Experience with AWS and/or other cloud providers is a plus
- Experience with microservices architectures and containers (using Docker, Kubernetes) is a plus
- Interest in keeping abreast with machine learning and field of image recognition
- Proven track record of shipping technology while dealing with ambiguity, managing cross-team dependencies and relationships
- Familiarity with devops, concurrent/multi-threaded programming, or distributed systems are all advantageous.
Still there? We have more to tell you
At Adevinta Spain, we believe in the power of a fair and equitable benefits policy. And we do everything we can to make it so. Therefore, we pay special attention to all aspects that are key in your day-to-day life:
- Our work model prioritises remote work combined with face-to-face dynamics in the office that help us connect and make strategic decisions as a team. There are a minimum of 5 face-to-face days per quarter that you will pick with your team, that is, a minimum of 20 days a year, of which there are 8 days that we have chosen for everyone because they are meetings that reinforce our culture as a company (development conversations with managers, the creation of objectives or the summer celebration and Christmas party)
- Furthermore, you have the option of working up to four weeks a year from wherever you'd like. To do this, you must have a good internet connection and be able to follow the team's schedules.
- Every year we engage in benchmarking against the external market in order to create competitive compensation packages. Moreover, we do have plans that allow you to "flex your gross salary" in order to purchase benefits such as meal vouchers, commuters card, training and child care.
- We have Apple, Dell and Samsung options to choose the hardware that helps you most in your daily life. Choose between a Macbook Pro or Dell XPS laptop and an iPhone XR or Samsung S9 phone.
- Do you travel by car or motorcycle? We subsidize part of the parking cost
- Your well-being is our priority. We cover fully for your medical insurance and we allow family members to be added to the policy for a discounted price.
- At the Barcelona office, you can enjoy sessions of 1 hour of physiotherapy
- Do you like going to the gym? We sponsor 70% of the monthly fee of your chosen centre/ studio and we have agreements with both Andjoy and McFit for discounted membership prices.
- We enjoy 23 days of paid-time-off a year.
- We offer free breakfast and drinks at our Barcelona office every day of the week. You can also choose to enjoy the freshmade set daily menu in our canteen for an economical price. In Madrid on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays you can enjoy free breakfast.
- Last but not least, you have 5 extra days to attend conferences and we offer one entrance ticket per year.
Together, creating...Adevinta Spain!
Machine Learning Engineer Real Estate