Sobre la empresa
What we want to achieve, together
At Adevinta Spain, we work hard so that millions of people can find what they are looking for through our six marketplaces, building new connections that help us make a positive impact on the planet.
We are Fotocasa, habitaclia, InfoJobs, coches.net, motos.net and Milanuncios. Every day, 1 in 2 people search for a new opportunity in one of our marketplaces in Spain. And they find it.
And to do so, at Adevinta Spain we create an environment where you are your best version of yourself every day, where you can give your all, and where your uniqueness adds to our diversity. Diversity in every sense of the word, in our people, in our products and our community. Because equality is at the heart of everything we do. Better as equals.
Sobre la posición
Reporting to the Chief Data Officer, the Machine Learning Director, will serve as the change agent, constructing and implementing the vision for transforming data into actionable insights, and applying modern data science methods to business challenges.
Setting Adevinta Spain AI/ML technology strategy
Establishing and leading Machine Learning engineering members
Identify Machine Learning projects of high business impact including both product-related projects, and also research projects. Collaborate/communicate effectively with product owners representing different product lines.
Prepare annual roadmap for implementation of different AI and ML projects.
Provide ideas and insights into new business models that could be enabled using AI. Become a go-to-guy for C-Suite executives for implementing ML in their functional areas.
Layout the AI projects/products implementation processes (ML model development lifecycle) including project inception, exploration phase, model building phase, model deployment, and model retraining. Ensure the project implementation governance on the ongoing basis.
Prepare the plan and oversee the implementation of the AI platform which will be used to deploy and host ML models.
Play a key role in deciding technologies and related roadmap for development, testing, deployment of machine learning models.
Prepare the plan and oversee the implementation of quality assurance processes in relation to model testing by different stakeholders; Model performance testing, model acceptance testing by product managers other forms of testing as applicable (such as A/B testing, etc)
Prepare the plan and oversee the implementation of continuous delivery/deployment strategies (A/B testing) of machine learning models.
Prepare the strategy/plan for ethical Machine Learning and oversee its implementation across different ML projects. Get involved with the interaction related to ethical ML with stakeholders including regulators on the ongoing basis.
Prepare the plan and oversee the implementation of machine learning pipeline automation to be used for automated ML model retraining/testing across different AI projects.
Prepare the plan and oversee the implementation of AI infrastructure to be used for model training/retraining and model deployment in production. Ensures the use of cloud services vis-a-vis local infrastructure for fulfilling different requirements.
Attract, Recruit, Develop, Motivate and Retrain a team of data scientists and ML engineers; Keep a check on newer hiring requirements on the ongoing basis. Provide training and mentoring to the team
Demonstrated experience with the mechanics of training and deploying ML models, as well as other aspects of the Data Science lifecycle, such as scheduling, CI/CD, cluster computing, serverless architectures, etc.
Experience bridging the gap between engineering and data science groups
An advanced degree in a quantitative field - computer science, engineering, statistics, operations research, economics, etc.
10+ years of experience in Analytics, Data Science or Software Engineering, both as an individual contributor and managing teams.
Experience designing a data science roadmap and executing the vision behind it.
Experience instilling a culture of ownership, collaboration, and results.
Track record of recruiting talent in analytics, data science, and software engineering.
Track record of delivering data-driven products and insights, and influencing product and engineering decisions.
Still there? We have more to tell you
At Adevinta Spain, we believe in the power of a fair and equitable benefits policy. And we do everything we can to make it so. Therefore, we pay special attention to all aspects that are key in your day-to-day life:
- We make a flexible schedule available. Currently, we are all working remotely, however, you do have the chance to go to the office where all the hygienic and security measures are in place.
- Every year we engage into benchmarking against the external market in order to create competitive compensation packages. Moreover, we do have plans that allow you to "flex your gross salary" in order to purchase benefits such as meal vouchers, commuters card, training and child care.
- All Adevintans have in common the passion for innovation and technology. You can choose whether to have a Macbook or Dell XPS laptop and you can opt for an Iphone or a Samsung.
- We subsidize your parking up to a maximum of 90€/ month.
- Your well-being is our priority. We cover fully for your medical insurance and we allow family members to be added to the policy for a discounted price.
- We have a doctor in our facilities and we do offer extra wellness initiatives such as Yoga at the office in Madrid and physiotherapy in Barcelona.
- Do you like going to the gym? We sponsor 70% of the monthly fee of your chosen centre/ studio and we have agreements with both Andjoy and McFit for discounted membership prices.
- We enjoy 23 days of paid-time-off a year.
- In Barcelona offices we offer free breakfast and beverages🥐 You can choose the daily menu freshly prepared in our canteen.
Together, creating...Adevinta Spain!
Machine Learning Director
- Adevinta Spain