Sobre la empresa
What we want to achieve, together
At Adevinta Spain, we work hard so that millions of people can find what they are looking for through our six marketplaces, building new connections that help us make a positive impact on the planet.
We are Fotocasa, habitaclia, InfoJobs, coches.net, motos.net and Milanuncios. Every day, 1 in 2 people search for a new opportunity in one of our marketplaces in Spain. And they find it.
And to do so, at Adevinta Spain we create an environment where you are your best version of yourself every day, where you can give your all, and where your uniqueness adds to our diversity. Diversity in every sense of the word, in our people, in our products and our community. Because equality is at the heart of everything we do. Better as equals.
Sobre la posición
Reporting to the Chief Data Officer the “Data Platform and Governance Director”, will serve as the change agent, will lead Adevinta’s engineering practice, continuing the journey towards modern cloud-based platforms which support new products for the users and customers, ensuring “everyone in Adevinta is able to autonomously consume and share any needed quality data to make smarter decisions faster”.
This role will drive engineer productivity and engagement, unify and continue to modernize the engineering practice, and implement a governance model that helps the company to speed up Data usage, enabling a self-service platform for Analysts and Data Scientists.
- Implementing a self-service culture where the platform should enable analysts and data scientists to self serve for their common tasks as data loading and manipulations
- Defining and implementing methodologies that leverage best-in-class development principles to accelerate product/platform/service development and innovation (e.g., Agile, DevOps, Cloud, etc.).
- Delivering results and advance the strategic direction by ensuring day-to-day operations run smoothly.
- Driving decision making, demonstrating agility and showing courage in taking risks.
- Defining organizational OKRs which balance the delivery of new capabilities, ongoing operational requirements and a continuous improvement agenda.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with key business stakeholders.
- Modelling the way for proactive collaboration and championing what is best for Adevinta by working closely with the CDO, Leadership Team members, and other functional leaders to ensure coordination of activities and resources within the organization.
- Bringing a product mindset, driving innovation in a matrixed, cross-functional environment.
- Build and own data governance and integrity across all business systems, including legacy changes of our fast-changing business, and partner with internal stakeholders to bring appropriately balanced workflows to our business applications, such as they drive superior adoption and end-user satisfaction
- Experience in transforming traditional Data Warehousing approaches to Big Data & Stream Data-based approaches in large organizations and a proven track record of managing risks and data security.
- Strong communication and relationship building capabilities. Superior organizational skills and an affinity for detail
- Ability to operate in a Global Matrix environment. Resilient, able to adapt to change and implement changes rapidly; always seeking continuous innovation and improvement
- Ability to convey complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences. Exceptional ability to rank strategic and operational choices — willing and able to be hands-on when needed
- Experience attracting, developing and challenging world-class engineers with a passion to drive excellence in engineering. A source of inspiration for our engineering community
Still there? We have more to tell you
At Adevinta Spain, we believe in the power of a fair and equitable benefits policy. And we do everything we can to make it so. Therefore, we pay special attention to all aspects that are key in your day-to-day life:
- We make a flexible schedule available and one day of remote work per week. Currently, we are all working remotely, however, you do have the chance to go to the office where all the hygienic and security measures are in place.
- Every year we engage in benchmarking against the external market in order to create competitive compensations packages. Moreover, we do have plans that allow you to "flex your gross salary" in order to purchase benefits such as meal vouchers, commuters card, training and child care.
- All Adevintans have in common the passion for innovation and technology. You can choose whether to have a Macbook or Dell XPS laptop and you can opt for an iPhone or a Samsung.
- We subsidize your parking up to a maximum of 90€/ month.
- Your well-being is our priority. We cover fully for your medical insurance and we allow family members to be added to the policy for a discounted price.
- We have a doctor in our facilities and we do offer extra wellness initiatives such as Yoga at the office in Madrid and physiotherapy in Barcelona.
- Do you like going to the gym? We sponsor 70% of the monthly fee of your chosen centre/ studio and we have agreements with both Andjoy and McFit for discounted membership prices.
- We enjoy 23 days of paid-time-off a year.
- In Barcelona offices we offer free breakfast and beverages🥐 You can choose the daily menu freshly prepared in our canteen.
We create the future of digital marketplaces by helping thousands of people find what they are looking for. At Adevinta Spain, we have a technical community that makes this possible and that is continuously sharing everything it knows.
You can also follow our blog with technical content: https://dev.to/adevintaspain
On our YouTube channel (Adevinta Spain Engineers), you can find all our talks divided up by domain.
Together, creating...Adevinta Spain!
Data Platform & Governance Director
- Adevinta Spain