Sobre la empresa
What we want to achieve, together
At Adevinta Spain, we work hard so that millions of people can find what they are looking for through our six marketplaces, building new connections that help us make a positive impact on the planet.
We are Fotocasa, Habitaclia, InfoJobs, Coches.net, Motos.net and Milanuncios. Every day, 1 in 2 people search for a new opportunity in one of our marketplaces in Spain. And they find it.
And to do so, at Adevinta Spain we create an environment where you are your best version of yourself every day, where you can give your all, and where your uniqueness adds to our diversity. Diversity in every sense of the word, in our people, in our products, and our community. Because equality is at the heart of everything we do. Better as equals.
We create the future of digital marketplaces by helping thousands of people find what they are looking for. At Adevinta Spain, we have a technical community that makes this possible and that is continuously sharing everything it knows.
Sobre la posición
As Senior Engineering Manager for Real Estate, your mission will be to develop high performing multidisciplinary teams that deliver value continuously and maximizes it in the long term, as well as to help engineers with their career development in order to achieve their maximum potential as fast as possible, while keeping their contribution at the highest level.
You will be representing the technical area in a Business Cluster, acting as an influencer and change driver to each initiative.
- You will be the line manager for up to 3 teams (~15 engineers) doing 1o1s, dev talks, performance reviews, hiring, holidays, etc.
- You will act as a Servant Leader helping teams be self-sufficient (solving conflicts, managing dependencies, achieving business goals, improving continuously, increasing performance, etc.)
- You will ensure that teams keep a healthy balance between short term delivery and long term sustainability aligned with the product (i.e. keep technical debt under control, ensuring that teams react on health metrics, etc).
- You will foster a feedback culture based on Radical Candor creating a psychologically safe environment.
- You will need to be up to date with the industry technical standards.
- You will be a gatekeeper of the agile development framework inside teams ensuring the discipline end2end with the guidance of our Agile Coaches.
- You will not make deep technical decisions, we don’t expect you to be the strongest technician. Those decisions will be made by senior individual contributors instead.
- You will detect dysfunctions and propose,lead and shape new ways of working supported by different processes and roles in Adevinta
- You will be in charge of setting the technical strategy aligned with the cluster business goals helping the cluster and teams to find the most efficient way to achieve the goal.
- You will provide management mentorship ( mentoring others EMs and/or developers with track change desire).
- You will plan and execute long term strategies that benefit your team , cluster and Marketplace.
- You will be in charge of new strategies and initiatives landing on the cluster ( in example DDD) and teams.
- People management: Assertiveness, empathy, fairness, honesty, humbleness and win for the team fail for the manager.
- Extensive written and oral communication.
- Agile frameworks, lean startup, scrum, kanban, flight levels, OKR, etc
- Leadership: influencer, change driver, people & org developer, strategic thinker
- Technical skills: Be familiar with the concepts of Accelerate metrics and capabilities,DDD philosophy, testing, AWS, distributed systems, SOLID, java, kotlin, reactjs, microservices, kafka, etc.
Still there? We have more to tell you
At Adevinta Spain, we believe in the power of a fair and equitable benefits policy. And we do everything we can to make it so. Therefore, we pay special attention to all aspects that are key in your day-to-day life:
- We make a flexible schedule available. Currently, we are all working remotely, however, you do have the chance to go to the office where all the hygienic and security measures are in place.
- Every year we engage in benchmarking against the external market in order to create competitive compensation packages. Moreover, we do have plans that allow you to "flex your gross salary" in order to purchase benefits such as meal vouchers, commuters cards, training, and child care.
- All Adevintans have in common the passion for innovation and technology. You can choose whether to have a Macbook or Dell XPS laptop and you can opt for an iPhone or a Samsung.
- We subsidize your parking up to a maximum of 90€/ month.
- Your well-being is our priority. We cover fully for your medical insurance and we allow family members to be added to the policy for a discounted price.
- We have a doctor in our facilities and we do offer extra wellness initiatives such as Yoga at the office in Madrid and physiotherapy in Barcelona.
- Do you like going to the gym? We sponsor 70% of the monthly fee of your chosen center/ studio and we have agreements with both Andjoy and McFit for discounted membership prices.
- We enjoy 23 days of paid-time-off a year.
- In Barcelona offices we offer free breakfast and beverages🥐 You can choose the daily menu freshly prepared in our canteen.
Together, creating...Adevinta Spain!
Senior Engineering Manager Real Estate